Famous Quotes On Friendship
Image Source - https://in.pinterest.com/pin/654077545851256389/
Friends are the family that you choose by your own. It is your best friend only with whom you can laugh for hours just being mad with him. So if you’re looking for famous quotes on friendship to uplift your spirits then kindly check my underlying collection on 52 famous friendship quotes and share them with your friends whose friendship is special to you.
52 Famous Friendship Quotes
Friendship is regarded as one of the gifts of god. The person possessing a true friend is considered as lucky. There are many friends who stay with us during our happy times but the real are the ones who stay with us even during the worst phases of our life. Friendship is all about being understood and to understand others. Nowadays it has become very difficult to find a true friend. But if you have one, no else is more lucky than you because you have the most precious thing with you.
So what are you waiting for? Read these famous quotes on friendship and share them with your brother from another mother or sister from another mother.
- Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. -Muhammad Ali
- “Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
― C.S. Lewis
- There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. -John Holmes
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” -Mark Twain
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."―Aristotle
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”-Muhammad Ali
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”- Amy Poehler
- "A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often – just to save it from drying out completely." -Pam Brown
- “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”-Nicholas Sparks
- "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." -Arnold H. Glasow
- "The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you." -Elbert Hubbard
- "A friend to all is a friend to none." -Aristotle
- "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." -George Washington
- "Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends." -Shirley MacLaine
- "Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go." -Margaret Walker
- "I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing." -Katherine Mansfield
- "I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better." –Plutarch
- “Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.”-Richelle Mead
- "I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. "-Robert Brault
- “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” -Sarah Dessen
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”-Anais Nin
- "It is important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to friendship that we are not. "-Mignon McLaughlin
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”-Alice Walker
- "Friendship and money: oil and water." -Mario Puzo
- "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself"- Jim Morriso
- "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. "-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” -Jane Austen
- "She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind." -Toni Morrison
- "It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter." -Marlene Dietrich
- "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." -Oprah Winfrey
- "Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts." -Margaret Lee Runbeck
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "When a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it." -Edward W. Howe
- "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. "-Aristotle
- "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” -C.S. Lewis
- "I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff. "-Jon Katz
- "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. "-Mark Twain
- "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." -William Shakespeare
- "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light." -Helen Keller
- "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." -Anaïs Nin
- "The best mirror is an old friend." -George Herbert
- "There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling
- "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing." -Elie Wiesel
- "The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away. "-Barbara Kingsolver
- "Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. "-Gloria Naylor
- "There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met." -Jim Henson
- "Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that. "-Ally Condie
- "There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends." -Sylvia Plath
- "Cutting people out of your life is easy, keeping them in is hard." -Walter Dean Myers
- "It’s bullshit to think of friendship and romance as being different. They’re not. They’re just variations of the same love. Variations of the same desire to be close." -Rachel Cohn
- "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. -Charles Dickens
So this was our collection on famous quotes about friends and friendship. Browse our collection and make your friendship bond more stronger than ever before. And yes, If it consists of any of the quotes that is your favourite, kindly let me know by your comments.
Don't forget to share these heart warming and famous friendship quotes with your friends. This will surely help you in warming their heart. So share these quotes as much as you can on social networking sites.
Let us know how you like this article. Like it and Rate it below.
Are you looking for work anniversary quotes and wishes? You are on the right page. Its time to celebrate the number of years one spend in a job.
Are you finding it difficult to say thanks to your girlfriend for the birthday wishes received from her? Let us make it easy for you. Appreciate the efforts of your girlfriend that she made to make your birthday special.
Life is precious. It consists of many unforgettable moments of life.